Environmental Health & Safety Associate I
- Area of Interest
- Research & Development
- Location Name
- Jack R MacDonald Building
- FTE/Hours per pay period
- 1.0 FTE (80 hours per bi-weekly pay periods)
- Work Status
- Rsrch Envirnmt Hlth & Safety
- Day Shift
As the Environmental Health & Safety Associate I you will support and assist management in the evaluation and control of operations to ensure all labs and facilities are in compliance with local, state, and federal environmental laws and regulations. You will provide environmental health & safety support in all areas of Research Institute labs and facilities: oversee chemical inventory processes including classification, designation and maintenance; oversee chemical waste and biological materials waste management; document all radioactive materials receipt and handling in accordance with state/federal regulations; ensure safe systems operation by conducting audits and maintaining appropriate documentation
Conduct on-site inspections and hazard evaluations. Participate in impact assessment of environmental and safety incidents. Manage shipping function for the Research Institute, coordinating Import/Export permits for regulated materials and ensuring regulated materials are received and surveyed in a timely manner.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology, Physics or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Minimum of one (1) year experience in environmental health & safety field.
– Per the driver’s license requirement noted below, must have a driving record acceptable to Risk Management.
– Current Washington State driver’s license.
– HAZWOPR certification
– Computer/Web skills needed for use of current EHS electronic tools.