The President’s Equity Fund (PEF) is now open for application submissions.
The PEF aims to fund grant applications that advance the four primary elements of the process of Inclusive Excellence, as defined by the Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC & U).
The four elements of Inclusive Excellence are:
- A focus on student intellectual and social development
- A purposeful development and utilization of organizational resources to enhance student learning
- Attention to the cultural differences learners bring to the educational experience and that enhance the college
- Cultural differences including race/ethnicity, class, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, first language, physical and learning ability, and learning styles
- A welcoming community that engages all of its diversity in the service of student and organizational learning
Applicants are encouraged to read more about the Inclusive Excellence Model: https://www.aacu.org/sites/default/files/files/mei/williams_et_al.pdf
PEF grants are available to current students, staff, and faculty for activities that support Evergreen’s commitment to equity, inclusion, and inclusive excellence across campus. Grants are awarded at the start of each month, beginning in January 2019 and continuing through May 2019. Funds awarded will be paid directly to vendors for services rendered and are limited within state funding regulations. Activities should occur during academic quarters, avoiding evaluations weeks. Applicants must be members of the Evergreen community: currently enrolled students, faculty, or staff. Funding may be awarded to pay for registration or other fees associated with participation in conferences, training, etc. Applicants, especially event/activity producers, are strongly encouraged to seek support from other campus and community sources, in the form of funding, services, staffing, etc. Activities that can demonstrate such community support will receive additional consideration. This support should be demonstrated at the time the application is submitted. Student applicants who are submitting an application on behalf of a student group must meet with their assigned Student Activities Advisor before finalizing and submitting a PEF grant application form.
Submit applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver hard copies to Committee Support Staff Amber De Villers (Library 2211).
For grants of more than $300, the deadline for application submission deadlines are listed below:
- January 11, 2019 at 5pm
- February 4, 2019 at 5pm
- March 4, 2019 at 5pm
- April 1, 2019 at 5pm
- May 6, 2019 at 5pm
Applying early will not improve the chance of receiving funding. Submitting an application beyond the submission deadline(s) will not be included in committee deliberations until the following month.
Grant decisions will be made at the committee’s monthly meeting and awardees notified in 2-3 business days.
For grant requests of up to $300, applications are accepted at any time between January 7, 2019 through May 6, 2019. Guidelines are:
- Submit a complete PEF mini-grant application
- Budget worksheet (optional)
- Include supporting documentations including price quotes, estimates, letters of support and/or sponsorship, etc. (optional)