Please see the following link: https://www.joshswaterjobs.com/jobs/14556?utm_source=Josh%27s+Water+Jobs+Weekly&utm_campaign=c4e7b1bdda-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_04_15_07_42&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_16490fec1f-c4e7b1bdda-226239503
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $350 billion, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $450 billion by 2025. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The Total Portfolio Management (“TPM”) department is responsible for long- and medium-horizon portfolio design, and ongoing implementation of the total portfolio investment framework. TPM’s mission is to ensure the investment activities of the organization collectively produce a total portfolio that maximizes long-term returns without taking undue risk. The implementation of the total portfolio investment framework includes the following activities.
- Work on the Strategic Portfolio, our long-term vision for the intended investment portfolio composition five or more years into the future
- Partnership with the Investment Departments to effectively characterize and allocate to investment strategies, with the aim of delivering to the Strategic Portfolio over time
TPM consists of five groups.
- Portfolio Design
- Active Portfolio Management
- Balancing Portfolio Management
- Portfolio Engineering
- Office of the Chief Investment Strategist
We are looking for an economist in the Emerging Factors team in Toronto within the Portfolio Design group.
The Portfolio Design group is responsible for articulating a set of factors that characterize the behaviors of the market, identifying those that offer a premium for bearing risk, and allocating our Total Fund to factors and assets (via investment strategies) in a systematic and diversified manner to maximize long-term returns without taking undue risk. The Portfolio Design group is composed of four teams: Economic and Financial Forecasting, Emerging Factors, Quantitative Research, and Portfolio Construction.
The Emerging Factors team is responsible for the identification, characterization and sizing of the Fund’s appetite for emerging factors exposures. Appetite for emerging factors needs to be considered jointly with the standard empirical factors that form the backbone of our portfolio construction and risk management approach. Anthropogenic climate change and the associated risks and opportunities will be a core focus of this team over the coming years, alongside research into other factors.
The successful candidate will either already be active in the field of climate change research or have a keen interest in entering this field and already have a good high level understanding of the key thematic areas and how they impact economic outcomes. Experience with creating simulations on integrated assessment models (IAMs) to estimate the impact of Climate Change on the economy and catastrophe risk modeling and related climate change risks would be considered valuable but not essential. In addition, the successful candidate will have a strong interest in politics and geopolitics and how social factors influence economic outcomes. The economist will be an influential member of the team and responsible for generating aspects of models and contributing towards the evolution of a framework. Candidates must be familiar with a broad suite of modeling tools, and this position directly engages in model development and execution. The economist supports a wide range of activities, including making a significant contribution to monitoring economic and market developments and evaluating the impact on our outlook, suggesting and implementing enhancements for our models, and communicating our views throughout the firm.
- Contribute to the ongoing refinement and expansion of our forecasting model, in addition to other related quantitative work
- Provide timely communication, including presentations and clearly written briefing notes, relating to current developments, our economic and financial market outlook, and their impact on the firm’s strategy or prospective transactions
- Help incorporate unique perspectives of other investment professionals at the firm into our projections
- Work cross-functionally with other team members and departments to ensure continued alignment with the CPP Investment Board’s vision, goals and values
- Develop relationships with key internal and external subject matter experts
- Graduate degree in economics
- Three (associate) or five (senior associate) or more years of experience working in economics or a financial market–related role
- Demonstrated ability in applied econometrics and model design and proficiency in econometric software
- Deep interest in financial markets
- Superior analytical skills and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and creatively, and exercise good judgment
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and new challenges
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and work in a high-performing culture with time-sensitive deadlines
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Highly effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills, particularly ability to communicate complex subjects to a less technical audience
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-LW2
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.