Billy Frank Jr. Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Has 1 opening for an AmeriCorps Member to serve as the Refuge’s
Environmental Education Coordinator. To Apply: tinyurl.com/NNWRCamericorps
Billy Frank Jr. Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge in Olympia Washington is seeking a qualified individual to serve as the Refuge’s Environmental Education Coordinator. The position involves coordination of school field trips, classroom lessons, teacher training, and education program development. Position office is in Olympia, Washington.
· A degree in education, environmental education, Biology, or similar
· Experience working with students, teachers, and volunteers
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent computer and organizational skills
· The ability to take initiative and work independently with little supervision
This person serves as an AmeriCorps member administered by the Washington State Employment Security Department and must also meet the following requirements:
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must be willing to serve 40 hrs/week, September 1st, 2019 – July 15th, 2020
· Must be a U.S. Citizen or a National, or Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S.
· Must have a High School Diploma or GED, or agree to obtain one while serving.
Benefits to AmeriCorps Members:
· Earn *$1800/month living stipend* (approximate amount)
· Are covered by health insurance and Labor and Industries Insurance
· Receive an Education Award of *$5,815 for prior student loans or future education (approximate amount based on last year’s figures)
· May postpone student loan repayments while employed
To Apply: tinyurl.com/NNWRCamericorps
For more information contact:
Education Program Manager
Billy Frank Jr. Nisqually NWR
100 Brown Farm Rd. Olympia, WA 98516