We are currently seeking an experienced GIS Technician responsible for GIS development and programming related to telecom fiber cable work throughout the Grant County area.
GIS Technician Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Web application development for the FFTP build
- Development of a multiuser geodatabase design and management
- Custom Map production
- Geospatial analysis
- Field Data Collection
- Visual communication and data mapping theories
- GIS production of complex cartographic and other spatial data displays
- GIS web-mapping applications served to internal and external users
- Process and analyze geo-spatial datasets
- SQL Database administration in support of geodatabases
- Scientific research and data collection techniques
- Train users in GIS products and promote GIS solutions
- Convey technical information to non-technical users
- Maintain required records and prepare necessary reports
- Independently analyze problems and assist others in GIS analysis
- Analyze customer needs and business systems
- Administer geodatabases in a MS SQL environment
- Understand disciplines of other department and entities
Field Engineer Qualifications:
- Able to work independently and be extremely dependable.
- Ability to follow written instructions; read and interpret maps and diagrams.
- Basic knowledge of methods, tools, equipment, materials, and practices used in construction.
- Must have understanding of the hazards and precautions of the trade.
- Knowledge of Google email and Microsoft Excel.
- Valid driver license and clean driving record.
- Ability to drive company provided vehicle.
- Willingness to work shifts as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, geography; OR two plus years of college education with a GIS Certificate from accredited school; experience may be considered as a substitute for the above education.
- Current GIS technologies (including hardware, software, and handheld tools) and industry trends
- Analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to pass background and drug screening.
- Working outdoors subject to hot and cold temperatures.
- Ability to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Sitting for periods of time during travel to jobsites.
- Frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, sit, work in close proximity to vehicular traffic.
Our Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Bachelors or better in Engineering.
Bachelors or better in Engineering Computer Systems.
Bachelors or better in Geography.
Bachelors or better in Information Technology.