|We want to put together a dynamic program on Technology I Innovation I Automation – The Future in Waste Solutions, with topics that provide value to symposium attendees.
While we hope to focus on our symposium theme, please feel free to propose any topic you feel would be of interest to the attendees.
Here are some suggested topics in line with our theme:
- Greenhouse gas (GHG) controls reducing GHG / carbon emissions
- Economic incentives for reducing GHG / carbon emissions
- Safety improvements and policies
- Automation and the future of labor in the solid waste industry
- Policy changes and changes to programs
- Scalehouse and transaction automation
- Fleet conversion to electrical and natural gas
- Pricing systems and rate mechanisms and behavior change
- Customer communications
- Collection improvements and new equipment
- New and emerging markets
- Legislation changes and new programs
- Replacements for single use plastics
- Application of LEAN process improvement work
- Recruiting and maintaining staff in the solid waste industry
- Food waste infrastructure and fixing challenges
- Operational equipment safety
- Recycling in the wake of China Sword policy
- PFAS in solid waste
- Cleaning up plastic in the ocean and other marine debris
- Landfill / transfer station / MRF / collection operations topics (targeted for maintaining SWANA Certifications)
· Speaker(s) name(s) and affiliation(s)
· Contact information (phone number and email address)
· Presentation title of 15 words or less
· Abstract of 500 words or less
· List prior SWANA presentations
- The presentation, including a brief question and answer period, will range from 35 to 50 minutes.
- Presentations involving panel discussions are also encouraged. Multi-member panels and other special sessions can be up to 90 minutes in length. The Committee will decide session type (i.e. panel or platform style.)
- Potential presenters may submit more than one abstract.
- Accepted presenters will be notified in January 2020.
- Presenters receive free registration on the day they are speaking. (Note this does not include banquet attendance.)