For the past 7 years, I have been teaching grantwriting classes in our community. It has been a pleasure to share my knowledge and work with passionate nonprofits who are doing so much to make the world a better place.

With everything that is going on, I know many of us are re-thinking life choices. We want to make a difference. We want our work to be meaningful. We want to have career options so we can work from home. Due to COVID, I’m now offering all classes online. You can take them with a group on a start date or begin anytime and go at your own pace. If you are passionate about positive change in our community, these courses will teach you more than you ever wanted to know about writing grants for nonprofits, schools, or government entities or starting a freelance grantwriting business.

Learn more and register at https://sparkthefiregrantwriting.com.

Spark the Fire Grantwriting Classes provides quality courses in grantwriting and freelancing that combine online interactive learning with mentoring to nonprofit organizations in the Northwest. I founded Spark the Fire in 2013 and I have more than twenty years’ experience in grantwriting and nonprofit management. I am an Approved Specialist in the Nonprofit Resource Directory, a vetted resource of nonprofit consultants recommended by their clients and peers and is a member of the Grant Professional Association. I am also a columnist for the Candid.org/Foundation Center – New York, The Sustainable Nonprofit. The Spark the Fire Grantwriting Classes are unique in that each student is connected to a community of learners and receives my one-on-one feedback on their grant proposal for Certificate in Grantwriting course and business plan for The Business of Freelance Grantwriting throughout the courses.

Certificate in Grantwriting $499
Group Starts Aug. 6th or start anytime

·         Qualities of a great grantwriter

·         Organizational readiness

·         Prospect research / where to find grants

·         Building your case statement

·         Writing a letter of interest

·         Writing your grant proposal step-by-step

·         Grants management and reporting

·         Building relationships with grantmakers

·         Ethics of grantwriting and fundraising

The Business of Freelance Grantwriting $129
Group Starts July 27th, or start anytime

·         Developing a business plan

·         Marketing

·         Interviewing potential clients

·         Creating contracts that work for you

·         Managing multiple clients

·         Communication and time-management

·         Whether or not to volunteer

·         What to charge and how to raise your rates

·         Trouble-shooting sticky situations

I offer discounts for many membership associations including Washington Nonprofits. Please email me for more info.