Psychology of the Home

Molly Coyne

Psychology of the Home

Week 7

June 5th, 2013 · No Comments · Uncategorized

Last week I read about how some people prefer to live alone and not be married, rather than feel like they have to give up their freedom in a marriage. This week I was read about the single life in the senior years, as well as being alone when you’re younger.

The first I read is called, ‘together alone.’ This chapter mainly discussed the fact that people can still be happy and social even when they’re single.

Sasha Cagen founded Quirkyalone’s organization, which she created to help single persons to come together to enjoy and celebrate being single. She wanted to make sure people knew it was OK to be single. She didn’t want people to be ashamed of being single and wanted them to find their identity while being single.

However, even she found herself wanting to be married one day, and she began feeling that her organization was taking over her life. From everything I’ve read, even with the people who enjoy being single, there is a time in life when most people just want a companion. It seems no one wants to grow old alone; even people who don’t get married usually have a partner.

The second chapter I read was ‘Again Alone.’ This chapter was about seniors and how people need to know how to be able to take care of themselves, even in old age. Most married couples depend on each other so much they tend to forget how to take care of themselves but they need to be able to do this if their spouse dies. This is especially important when independence is valued.   For most people there will be a certain point in life when they want someone to share life with.

As far as my video project goes, I now have all the footage I need and have begun looking at editing styles and the way I want my film to look, sound, feel. I believe at this point it’s coming nicely but I still have a ton work to do.

I need to look at the interviews and decide what questions I want in the film, what pictures, how to organize, and how to be interesting. that is my goal for the next few weeks, especially since I am almost done with my readings I can focus completely on the project. I will have one more post about the book, “Going Solo,” and one more post about my film reading and I will finish with photos and a little more about my project.

Tags:

No Comments so far ↓

There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.