Psychology of the Home

Molly Coyne

Psychology of the Home

Week 8

June 5th, 2013 · No Comments · Uncategorized

Reading all these things about nursing homes makes me kind of wish I had included something like that in my project. Unless you find a really, really good nursing home, so many things could go wrong. From the story I read about one woman, her friend was happy for her that she finally died because it meant she was finally out of this crazy place she couldn’t stand. My parents will be happy that I read this book; I never want them in a home. That is just no way to live.

There could be several mistakes, including nurses not listening to doctors, mixing up prescription, and just not being attended to. That’s what they’re there for so they need to do their job.

Reading this book has taught me a lot about different types of people, why people are single at times, and more of why they would prefer it. I’ve also learned that even though you may want to be alone at a younger age, no one wants to grow old alone. It’s not just about the fact that people may just see you as single and it’s a shameful thing,  because it’s nothing to be ashamed of or label. It could be really lonely not having someone to come home to or have someone coming home to you. The security it brings is what I feel like that would be one of the nicest parts of not living alone. Also it just seems good and right to grow old with someone you love and know they love you too.

I am also now into my last reading about film. This chapter is all about sound. I referred to this chapter a bit while I’ve been working on the audio for my video. I’m hoping to have about ten minutes or less for this video with music in the beginning and to end it. However, my issue now is finding the right music. Not sure if I should go more upbeat or mellow. I guess I’ll just have to keep listening for something inspiring.

So far this project has been really fun to work with. I’ve been loving going through all the pictures and see what best fits where. Usually I really don’t like the editing portion of the project mainly because I want to use everything, but this has been a little different. Even though I still really don’t like cutting, and this time it was especially difficult because it wasn’t really a story, I really enjoyed the challenge. I needed to challenge myself more and this has been successful.

Tags:

No Comments so far ↓

There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.