The Evergreen State College
Date: September 11, 2014
Position: Graduate Programs Admissions Coordinator (temporary)
Location: Graduate Studies Office (Sem II)
Position Number: TBD
Reports to: Academic Associate VP
Position purpose: Manage admissions processes for three graduate programs. Support graduate programs in inquiry and recruitment activities.
Nature and Scope: Temporary, minimum of 1/2 time with the potential to a maximum of ¾ time as needed, 10-month (Oct 1, 2014-July 31, 2015) position.
Salary: $14-$19/hour and health coverage.
Send an electronic copy of the following to:
Maggie Foran at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Cover Letter
3. References (3) — include name, position title and organization, e-mail address, and phone number
Application review begins: Monday, September 22nd, 2014
1. Perform required grad program admissions activities as assigned.
2. Assist Graduate Program Assistant Directors (ADs) in inquiry follow-up, data entry, and other related tasks.
3. Support ADs in recruitment and outreach activities.
4. Create and maintain all graduate programs admission files.
5. Create and maintain Banner, College Net, and any off-system database for all graduate programs.
6. Provide administrative support for Admission Committee file review for all graduate programs (forms copied, support faculty reviewers, etc).
7. Reviews and evaluates credentials of applicants, as needed by each program (test scores, calculating undergrad GPA, certification records, transcripts, etc.)
8. Follows College and Washington Student Achievement Council policies (WSAC) in the processing and evaluation of undergraduate and graduate applications.
9. Build and maintain close working relationship with college Office of Admissions.
10. Annual transfer of files to Registration and Records.
11. Other related admissions, recruiting, and outreach activities as assigned.
1. Ability to work under pressure, with multiple programs and multiple tasks, requiring a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
2. Ability to work independently, with minimal direct supervision.
3. Knowledge of higher education in general and specifically in Washington state.
4. Proficiency with current generation Microsoft software including Word, Exchange, and Excel. Ability to enter data quickly in the college student record system with a high degree of accuracy.
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality of student records.
6. Must possess excellent public relations and customer service skills both in person and over the phone.
7. Ability to work at a desk/computer for extended periods of time and operate standard office equipment.
Administrative work experience
Experience in higher education
Experience with Banner and College Net