Hi there! Well my nerdy Evergreen apartment life would be amiss if I didn’t include some of the student group activities I do here on campus.

For example the RPG Guild, a student club/group dedicated to tabletop role playing games that includes, but isn’t limited to D&D, Fate, Star Wars, Pathfinder, even some RPing with Magic Cards (there is also a separate club just for MTG, Magic the Gathering, as well!)

This quarter I’ve been attending the ones on Sundays, and we had quite the battle over the past couple of weeks. Here’s a little walkthrough of those past few Sundays…

What a wonderful, sunny day in the Pacific Northwest!

Really, it is quite a nice day. A bit chilly, but still look at all that sun…

Look at all that light, I can see it all the way from here!

Yep, it is certainly nice, but…

This door…well there is nothing ominous about this, right? Let’s see where it goes…

Library Underground? Basement Level?

What could happen? So, yes please!

Uh, where am I now?

This…looks like some sort of boss battle! Oh I wonder what its HP is…

500HP?! 750HP?! 1000HP?! And I’m only a level 4 Druid! I’ve got, what 30HP? Crap, get me out of here!

Let’s go ahead and roll to…it’s a 1…My first roll and it’s a 1?! This is a new dice too…Shame on you dice! (I actually rolled a one with my brand new dice on its first roll, so yes it is being dice shamed for real)

No one died, sort of, but we made it past this first battle! At one point I got frozen, my character has a bad habit of touching shiny things without thinking it through, but that’s all part of the fun!

As for myself, I have extremely bad luck with dice, so much so that a baby hydra (they are sentient for this campaign) in a one shot I did ended up with the NPC, who is a Weird called Kellem (like Melek in MTG) ended up saving and earning it instead…And Weirds aren’t known to be the most…stable creatures (they are made of opposites, like lightning and ice in this case).

Sketchy art of the hydra I almost had, though this one now has five heads thanks to our truly neutral party member Herbert.

The second one shot ended up…good? No NPCs got hydra or dragon hatchlings, but somehow I ended up two dragons, (one a hatching  the other a student), a hydra hatching and died three times.

They weren’t permanent deaths thankfully! My health was just high enough and our campaign’s Dungeon Master, fellow Student Ambassador Gloria was extremely generous. (I have really, really bad luck with dice), and have to apprentice under a Weird, Kellem who has also killed me…with my own dragon apprentice.

This is my character’s new dragon hatchling Nicol Bolas (it’s an MTG reference that has carried over into the D&D campaign).

Let’s just say things are complicated, but fun, exciting and now my druid needs to find someplace to house two dragons and a hydra…