Ingredients (Serves 4)
- ½ Tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ Tbs curry powder
- 3 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large or 2 small apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 ½ c vegetable broth
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- plain yogurt, for garnish
- chopped fresh parsley, basil or dill, for garnish
Heat oil in a medium soup pot over medium heat. Stir in onion, cook until soft and translucent, 8-12 minutes.
Stir in curry powder, then add carrots, apple and bay leaf. Stir well for 2 minutes, add broth and salt. Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until apples and carrots are tender, 20-25 minutes.
Remove the bay leaf. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the soup solids and ½ c of broth to a food processer. Process to a smooth puree, then return puree to soup. Reheat, and season with pepper. Serve hot, garnished with yogurt and fresh herbs.