- 1 large delicata squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 3 T butter, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange the squash halves cut side up in a baking dish. Fill dish with about 1/4 inch water. Place 1 tablespoon butter on each half, and season halves with salt and pepper. Cover dish, and bake squash 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until very tender.
- Place quinoa in a pot with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in shallots and garlic, and cook until tender. Stir in pine nuts, and cook until golden. Gently mix into the pot with the cooked quinoa.
- Cut the squash halves in half, and fill each quarter with the quinoa mixture. Serve each stuffed squash quarter on a bed of the remaining quinoa mixture.