There are two 2D Animation Labs. One lab is located in the Library, the other is in the Communications building across campus.
- 2D Rotoscope > Lib. 1408 (24/7 accessible)
- 2D Multi-Use > Com. 309 (accessible only during Com building open hours. Please fill out Late Night Access paperwork in Com 301 for access after open hours)
When shooting HD projects are natively 16:9. To frame artwork please use this 16:9 fieldguide.
Cut-out, 2D drawn, sand animation, paint on glass, collage, and rotoscoping animation techniques are all done here. Capturing frames is done using the application Dragon Frame and a DSLR camera. Messy animation projects including paint on glass, and sand animation, are only allowed on the Sand Stand in the 2D Lab Multi-Use Lab in the Communications building.
Common Lab Specs:
- Canon Rebel Xsi DSLR camera mounted on a compound table featuring 35mm prime lenses and polarizing filter
- Mac Pro Tower
- Dual computer monitors
- ACME hole punch
- Glass multi-plane
2D Multi-Use Lab Specs:
- Sand Stand – *please note that to use this stand you will need to have your Canon Rebel proficiency, and checkout your own live-view compatible camera (XSi/T1/2i/5i) from Media Loan
2D Rotoscope Lab Specs:
- Rear-projection rotoscoping station with animation disc and data projector
- Platen (for flattening artwork)