獎學金Most Popular Chinese scholarship:
Blakemore Asian Language Fellowships–http://www.blakemorefoundation.org/
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program–http://www.iie.org/en/Programs/Gilman-Scholarship-Program
CIEE Student Scholarship Programs for Education Abroad–http://www.ciee.org/index.htm#study
Critical Language Scholarship–http://clscholarship.org/applicants.htm
Chinese Government scholarship: http://en.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/4acd2f2e7d2d454ab1af1233ad4fc7b5.shtmlInstitute for International Public Policy – For underrepresented minority students–http://www.uncfsp.org/spknowledge/default.aspx?page=program.view&areaid=2&contentid=174&typeid=iipp
Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarships – For undergraduate, graduate & vocational study–http://www.rotary.org/en/Pages/Redirect.aspx?o=http%3a%2f%2fwww.rotary.org%2ffoundation%2feducational%2famb_scho%2findex.html&t=%2fen%2fStudentsAndYouth%2fEducationalPrograms%2fAmbassadorialScholarships%2fPages%2fridefault.aspx&d=1%2f1%2f0001+12%3a00%3a00+AM
Freeman Asia Scholarship: http://www.iie.org/programs/freeman-asia.
辅助教材 Additional Resources for Supplementary Materials
In addition to the textbook, other materials (stories, poems, articles, news broadcasts, films and songs, etc.) will also be used. Some are selected from other textbooks; some can be found from the following Internet sources:
1. 银视网WECTV: This site includes many Chinese Internet broadcast channels providing on-line access to live and pre-recorded programs produced by major TV and radio stations from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and U.S. Web site at <http://www.wcetv.com/new/main.asp>. For Public Broadcasting, go to: http://www.pts.org.tw/.
2. Univ. of Virginia Chinese Language and Literature: This site includes a variety of reading materials, from student compositions, magazine articles to classical poems and stories, developed by Anne Behnke-Kinney and Helen Shen at Univ. of Virginia. Web site at <http://faculty.virginia.edu/cll/>.
3. Learn Chinese Fables: Listen to Chinese fables and learn the idioms online, developed by Marlowe Shaeffer and Annie Yang, Jing-Heng Ma, Chinese Department, Wellesley College. Web site at <http://www.wellesley.edu/Chinese/Chinese_Fables/title/title_page.html>.
4. 中时电子报ChinaTimes Interactive: A daily news magazine, this site provides current news from all sectors of Taiwan. Web site at <http://news.chinatimes.com/>.
5. 光华杂志Sinorama Magazine: A monthly magazine from Taiwan, with in-depth articles on topics of all interests. Web site at: <http://www.sinorama.com.tw/>.
6. 中华网CHINA.COM: A weekly news magazine, this site provides current news from all sectors of China. Web site at <http://chinese.china.com/zh_cn/>.
7. 人民网People’s Daily Online: The nation-wide newspaper from PRC. Web site at <http://www.peopledaily.com.cn/>.
8. 中国大全迷津指点ChinaSite.Com A complete reference to China/China-related web sites with links, descriptions and ratings. A good starting point for web research. Web site at <http://www.chinasite.com/>.
9. Sending and receiving email in Chinese: http://www.chinesecomputing.com/internet/email.html
10. Chinese news media and more: http://chinastudygroup.org
11. The TESC library has the following resources:
Chinese Encyclopedia Collection of more than 12,000 books <http://www.twinbridge.com/detail.aspx?ID=27>
& Chinese Poetry Collection of more than 50,000 poems <http://www.twinbridge.com/detail.aspx?ID=31>
12. Some easy download Pinyin input: http://www.google.com/ime/pinyin/ & http://www.liewcf.com/archives/2007/04/download-google-chinese-pinyin-input-method/
1. Concise English-Chinese Chinese-English Dictionary, Revised, Oxford University Press.
2. Online Chinese Dictionaries: Reliable online dictionaries are listed on our web site. Also try: http://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php, http://humanum.arts.cuhk.edu.hk/Lexis/Lindict/, or http://dict.cn/
3. For a complete list of online dictionaries visit Prof. Tianwei Xie’s link at <http://www.csulb.edu/~txie/online2.htm#dictionary>.