The Regional Education and Training Center at Satsop (near Elma) has a paid internship position for Fall 2012. A recent MES grad, Melanie Kincaid, is currently managing a program as part of a Center for Energy Workforce Development Grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to assist disadvantaged youth to obtain energy careers. The intern position would be involved in the following areas of grant performance:
1) Taking a lead role in planning the October 2012 Get Into Energy High School event for 100 regional high school students
2) Assisting with administering certification and credentialing exams as part of the program
3) Assisting with tracking metrics and creating monthly and quarterly reports on the project
4) Answering student questions related to the program
5) Working with partners including colleges, workforce counsels, hiring managers, and other stakeholders to create employment outcomes for students.
The position would require someone with their own transportation to be able to go to Centralia College, Grays Harbor College, and of course our Satsop Campus. We would be looking for 20 hours per week and would provide a stipend of $1500 for the quarter. Also we would reimburse mileage to the college locations. The hours would be flexible but would need commitment during normal business hours.
Please send a resume and cover letter to my email address. I don’t see a need to set a hard deadline, but rather will just keep the opportunity open until filled.
We are excited to continue offering paid internship opportunities and our organization has truly benefitted from the partnership with the MES program.