BURN Design Lab
18850 103rd Ave SW, Ste 220
Posted: April 07 2017
About Burn Design Lab
Burn Design Lab (BDL) is a 501c3 non-profit organization, who’s mission is to improve lives and the environment in the developing world through research, design, & development of outstanding cookstoves and fuels. We believe that no matter where people live, that everyone on the planet should be able to cook their meals without harming the environment or their health.
BDL is seeking a current college student, current graduate student, or recent college graduate who is interested in serving as an intern and providing a wide range of database, research, administrative, and general support to BDL’s development team. In return, BDL will provide an opportunity for the intern to gain experience in and familiarity with areas such as fundraising, philanthropy, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization with a global reach. The Development Intern will report to the Development Coordinator.
Compensation, Start Date, & Duration
This is an unpaid internship. A stipend will be provided for housing. The internship is 3 – 12 months beginning as soon as the right candidate is found to fill the position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop and Maintain Social Media marketing plan
• Assist with donor relationship development – newsletters, donor outreach, year-end mailing, etc.
• Assist in maintaining the donor database.
• Draft correspondence, reports, proposals and donor appeals.
• Assist the Development Coordinator in planning BDL events and other activities.
• Maintain donor files and other development materials.
• Assist with special projects as needed
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• The desire to learn more about fundraising and philanthropy.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications.
• Experience with databases is a plus.
• Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
• A demonstrated commitment to BDL’s mission and values.
• Irreproachable ethical standards and personal integrity.