Program Development and Operations Engineer – TE3
The Opportunity: The Southwest Region Program Management Office is seeking an accomplished engineer to serve as the Program Development and Operations Engineer – TE3 to develop the highway construction program for the region. This position will be responsible for reporting project information out to internal and external customers and administering the work order authorization (fund management) process for approximately half of the projects in the region. This position supports the mission of WSDOT by providing technical assistance to all project personnel to ensure project scopes address identified needs and projects are delivered on schedule and under budget.
At WSDOT we champion diversity and welcome applicants with varying backgrounds and experiences. WSDOT also offers outstanding benefits, a generous amount of paid time off (True Work-Life Balance), a defined benefit pension retirement plan, advancement opportunities, and much more. Click here for more information regarding our comprehensive benefits package.
This position will perform the following work:
- Coordinate the identification of deficiencies and definition of projects proposed for inclusion in the Capital Improvement Preservation Program (CIPP) with Region and HQ staff.
- Ensure that scoping documentation is complete and needs are met in accordance with current programming instructions and policies.
- Analyze Capital Program Management System (CPMS) files for completeness and accuracy for all projects in the construction programs.
- Manage the Work Order Authorization process for projects within assigned geographic area.
- Report project scope, schedule, and budget changes using the current change management process within assigned geographic area.
- Schedule, conduct, and consistently participate in meetings that may include staff from other region offices, HQ’s, and other agencies.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Update project information in CPMS.
- Use a variety of computer software packages to build and maintain project databases and accurately report project and program adjustments.
- Other duties as assigned.
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Two years of experience as a Transportation Engineer 2 or equivalent.
- Three years of project delivery experience in either design or construction is preferred.
- Ability operate a computer and computer programs to produce reports and other documents.
- Ability to be responsive and timely in response to emails, phone calls, etc.
- Strong communication skills both in the written and verbal form.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience providing presentations to educate and inform managers and staff on current Program Management programs and policies.
- Ability to prioritize a heavy workload.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work through challenging and complex issues.
Note: This position is covered by a union shop provision. Therefore, as a condition of employment, you are required to become a member of the PTE, Local 17, or arrange to pay that union a representational fee. The union shop requirement shall be effective on the first day of the month following the employee’s initial 30 days in this classification.
How to Apply: Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please select the large “apply” button at the top of this announcement. You may need to set up an account profile. To be considered for this position you will need to answer the supplemental questions, as part of the supplemental questions you will need to provide a letter of interest. Your letter of interest should describe how your experience, training and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
Contact us: For inquiries about this position, please contact Rachel Giese at GieseR@wsdot.wa.gov please reference recruitment number 17DOT-SWR-41163.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call or email the recruiter.
- State of Washington
View Job Posting for Agency Information
View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
- View Posting for Agency Contact