10800 / College and Career Coach with College Success Foundation AmeriCorps
If the Apply Online! button is available above, click it to submit your resume directly to this employer. If it is not, please read the Application Instructions below for details on how to send your resume to the employer.
Join our enthusiastic AmeriCorps team at College Success Foundation!
Our AmeriCorps program offers great opportunities to:
– Gain professional experience working in the fields of education and youth development in a school setting
– Help young people in your community attain their educational goals
Learn how a passionate nonprofit organization operates
– Up to $13,000 living allowance (distributed throughout the 11-month service term)
– $5,730 education award towards your continued education or loan repayment (upon successful completion of 1,700 service hours)
– Up to $385 annual cellular phone reimbursement (throughout the 11-month service term)
– 100% medical insurance coverage
– Loan forbearance and a portion or all of accrued interest paid on eligible loans
– Comprehensive career development that will prepare you for your next occupational endeavor after your CSF AmeriCorps experience
– Statewide network of CSF AmeriCorps members
– Onboarding: A two-week interactive and team building training to ensure that the team is prepared for the upcoming year
– Ongoing professional development throughout the year
Program Overview & Program Summary
Established in 2010, AmeriCorps – College and Career Coach (CACC) is a service program managed by College Success Foundation. This results-driven program provides the opportunity for individuals to become involved in service communities by providing support to low-income, underserved youth and families.
A team of 15 AmeriCorps members will deliver CSF’s college and career readiness lessons to middle school students in one of our partner schools throughout Washington State from the following districts: Highline, Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, and Yakima. The member’s efforts will contribute toward the development and growth of the school’s college-going culture and strengthen students’ college aspirations. The CACC collaborates with counselors, teachers, community partners and College Success Foundation staff.
• believe in the importance of a college education
• have ability and experience working in diverse communities, and
• successfully pass required criminal background checks