Office Assistant 2 *Re-posted*
The Washington Student Achievement Council is committed to increasing educational opportunities and attainment in Washington. The Council has three main functions:
- Lead statewide strategic planning to increase educational attainment.
- Administer programs that help people access and pay for college.
- Advocate for the economic, social, and civic benefits of higher education.
Please see the WSAC website www.wsac.wa.gov for more information about the Council’s roles and responsibilities.
Academic Affairs & Policy Division
The Academic Affairs and Policy division analyzes issues, develops solutions, and creates strategies that guide the Washington Student Achievement Council’s efforts to represent the public interest and advance higher education attainment in the state. Academic Affairs & Policy staff play a key role in formulating and implementing short-term strategic action plans and the ten-year Roadmap for Higher Education. Division staff ensure educational consumer protection through authorization of private and out-of-state degree-granting institutions, approval of academic and occupational training programs for veterans, and program review.
About the Position
The Office Assistant provides clerical support to the Academic Affairs and Policy division and other staff under the direction of the Assistant Director of Operations. This position performs a variety of routine clerical duties such as scanning and processing documents and records using Laserfiche, extracting and compiling records or data, responding to routine inquiries through email and by phone. maintaining and monitoring established record keeping, filing and data base systems, and producing forms, letters, record entries and other material.
Required Education and Experience Required:
- High school graduation or equivalent and two years of office experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to organize, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to support multiple staff and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment in evaluating and making decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with co-workers, division staff and the public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in work tasks.
- Proficient in scanning documents using Laserfiche Enterprise Content Management software or similar document scanning software.
- Knowledge of state government processes
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint
- Experience scheduling meetings
- Supplemental Information
To apply for this position you MUST find this position and complete your profile at www.careers.wa.gov. Attach the following to your profile before completing the online application:
*Important* The quality and content of the cover letter including grammar and relevance to the Office Assistant position will be a factor in determining whether candidates move to the next level of screening.
- A cover letter describing how you meet the required and desirable education and experience of this position.
- A current resume.
- Names and phone numbers of three professional references.
Please Read the Following Instructions Completely:
- By submitting materials you are indicating that all information is true and correct.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
For questions about this recruitment contact Alisha Rollins at AlishaR@wsac.wa.gov, or you may call (360) 753-7857.
The Washington Student Achievement Council is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is strongly committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce. We will provide assistance in the recruitment, application and selection process to applicants with disabilities who request such assistance. Please call (360)753-7802 as early as possible regarding any assistance you may require.
- State of Washington
View Job Posting for Agency Information
View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
- View Posting for Agency Contact