15248 / Sports, Games and Outdoor Program Director, Camp Eagle Rock
If the Apply Online! button is available above, click it to submit your resume directly to this employer. If it is not, please read the Application Instructions below for details on how to send your resume to the employer.
This position is seasonal, requiring up to 40 hours of planning and preparation time before staff training week begins and 40 hours a week while the camp season is in progress and 16 hours after camp. This position is responsible for the Sports, Games and Outdoor programming, as well as assisting the Camp Director and supporting the Counselors to ensure the overall success of Camp Eagle Rock. This position requires a mature, responsible person committed to the purpose and goals of Camp Eagle Rock.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan, implement and lead daily sports, games and
outdoor activities programs for groups of 10-20 children.
• Plan, implement and lead field trips and special events.
• Assist in maintaining the working order and cleanliness of
all Camp Eagle Rock facilities and equipment.
• Support Counselors with supervision of children.
• Assist the Camp Director with various daily camp
• Manages Camp in absence of Camp Director.
• Communicate effectively with children, supervisor,
parents and community members.
• Assist in the planning and preparation for staff training
week and the camp season.
• Be available as a resource person for staff for program
ideas and discipline procedures.
• Operate a 12 passenger vehicle.
• Adhere to and support all policies, procedures and
guidelines established by Island Rec.
• Other duties as assigned by Camp Director.
• To perform this job successfully, the Assistant Director
must be able and willing to perform each essential duty
and responsibility satisfactorily.
• Be at least 21 years of age and have previous experience
in working with children.
• Must possess experience in planning and leading sports,
games and outdoor activities.
• Must have proven leadership skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills necessary.
• Prior Camp Counselor experience or equivalent.
• Prior supervisory experience preferred.
• Ability to obtain First Aid/CPR certification prior to start of
• Physically and mentally capable of supervising children
and staff for eight hours a day, most of which is spent
• Ability to lift 40 pounds.
• Must hold valid Driver’s License; ability to operate 12
Applications can be found at http://www.islandrec.org/about-us/employment/