|TEMPORARY RECEPTIONIST/ ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST I|
Essential Functions: Responsible for a variety of communications and administrative tasks supporting LOTT Clean Water Alliance and the WET Science Center, including but not limited to:
- Serve as primary greeter and initial point of contact for visitors to LOTT’s Regional Services Center and WET Science Center, assisting visitors with signing in and directing them to correct
- Answer inquiries from the public and LOTT staff, or direct inquiries to appropriate staff member or resource.
- Answer multi-line telephone system, route calls, accurately record messages, and ensure appropriate staff members receive messages and inquiries.
- Support education staff with WET Science Center visitors, providing scavenger hunt forms and prizes, and interacting with visitors of all ages to facilitate a positive and welcoming
- Provide general administrative and clerical support such as proofreading, data entry, and making
- Open, sort, and route incoming
- Check out resources like vehicles, visitor key cards, and meeting rooms for staff
- Perform other duties as
Individuals in this position work in a public reception desk environment that is often noisy and subject to frequent interruptions. Interactions with children and adults of all ages are a necessary part of this position. Work may require sitting, standing, data entry, word processing, and performing other tasks for extended periods.
Individuals in this position are not employees of LOTT. LOTT contracts with Professional Temp Staffing Agency for this temporary position.
Contacts: This position has daily, frequent contact with LOTT staff and the public, including children, families, and large visitor groups. Some contacts with the public involve dissatisfied customers or other challenges. Individuals in this position must communicate with tact, clarity, and professionalism.
Accountability: Individuals in this position are accountable for punctual and reliable attendance, providing high quality customer service, and for the timely completion, accuracy, and quality of assigned tasks.
- Welcoming, friendly demeanor
- Strong team player
- Strong communication skills for a variety of audiences
- Calm and flexible when facing changing conditions
- Punctual and reliable attendance
- Function well independently
- Ability to shift between tasks according to changing needs and priorities
- Proficiency with multi-line phones
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of standard office principles, procedures, and practices
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to interact positively in a variety of situations with diverse individuals, using tact, patience, and courtesy to maintain effective public relations
- Contribute to a supportive, productive, and positive workplace
Experience/Education: High school graduation or equivalent required; experience performing reception and administrative duties is preferred; experience working with the public and a variety of age groups desired.
Schedule: This position is a temporary, part-time position without an end date. There is a set work schedule of 12 p.m. to 5 p.m., Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. In addition, LOTT maintains a pool of temporary receptionist/administrative specialists for other 4-8 hour shifts as needed. If there is interest, this position is eligible for these intermittent shifts as well, which could occur between business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, and 10
a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays.
To Apply: Interested individuals must apply directly to Professional Temp Staffing Agency (PTSA). To apply, submit a resume by email as a Word document or PDF to email@example.com. Please indicate specific interest in the LOTT Receptionist/Administrative Specialist I position. PTSA will screen interested candidates and forward qualified individuals to LOTT for consideration.
Professional Temp Staffing Agency
2608 Pacific Ave SE Ste A, Olympia, WA 98501 (360) 786-8443