ABOUT THURSTON CLIMATE ACTION TEAM
Thurston Climate Action Team (TCAT) is a local non-profit organization dedicated to creating a healthy and sustainable future for Thurston County. We encourage action, coordinate action, and take action on climate change. TCAT has recently received a two-year grant to improve communication, coordination, and collaboration among local groups that work on climate change and related issues. Learn more at http://www.thurstonclimateaction.org/
TCAT is currently seeking an Outreach Assistant to work from home 15-20 hours per week. Under the supervision of TCAT’s President, TCAT Board, and the Outreach Coordinator, this position will assist with event planning and management, communication and administrative duties, and serve as a professional representative of TCAT. Our team is looking for a motivated, tech-savvy individual who is passionate about addressing climate change in Thurston County.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the Outreach Coordinator in planning and managing the Annual South Sound Climate Action Convention, Climate Action Coordinating Council meetings, special projects, and other collaborative
- Write content and incorporate graphics for website, e-newsletter, social media, action alerts, and press releases. Produce promotional
- Maintain on-line calendar of climate-related events. Monitor government websites, organizations’ newsletters/websites, etc. for climate-related events of interest to post to website
- Manage weekly mass-email newsletter using the MailChimp®
- Maintain databases, including email distribution lists, membership database, and online
- Maintain TCAT and South Sound Climate Action Convention websites using WordPress software.
- Communicate through social media such as
- Attend and take notes at TCAT related
- Research grant funding opportunities for ongoing funding of this
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and graphic design
- Research, data tracking, and report writing
- Social media experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently. Impeccable follow-through and multi-task management.
- Ability to remain flexible and work effectively to maintain positive relationships with internal staff and partners.
- Skilled in working with community partners and enjoys working with teams. Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, environmental management, or related field.
- Or two or more years of event planning, public relations experience, development or volunteer management.
Candidates chosen to be interviewed will be required to provide the following:
- A writing sample, such as an essay, press release or letter to the editor.
- A graphic design sample, such as a brochure, flyer or poster.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
- Hourly rate of $18.00 / hour before deductions and withholding.
- This position is not eligible for health coverage, paid vacation, sick leave, or other benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit resume and cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are due by June 21, 2018
TCAT is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law.