METRO PARKS TACOMA invites applications for the position of:
Social Media Coordinator – ZEED
SALARY: $25.68 – $28.89 Hourly APPLY: www.metroparkstacoma.org/jobs CLOSING DATE: 06/20/18 11:59 PM JOB DESCRIPTION: The ZEED Social Media Coordinator helps communicate the brands, missions, programs, and messages of Metro Parks Tacoma destinations, Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium and Northwest Trek Wildlife Park. This position reports to the Marketing & Digital Media Supervisor in the Zoological & Environmental Education Department and supports the development and execution of strategic marketing and engagement campaigns. The position collaborates closely with other members of the Metro Parks Tacoma marketing and communications team and helps identify opportunities for promotions and other partnerships throughout the organization.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS: The primary responsibility of the Social Media Coordinator is to ensure the continued success and growth of the organization’s mission. In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
· Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision. · Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers. · Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments. · Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: · Social Media: Assist with managing the social media community across a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest. Develop and maintain editorial calendars for planned social media content and help move that content to social media platforms. Help generate content using copywriting, design, photography and video editing skills. Track and analyze the performance of social marketing programs and advertising campaigns, gathering insights to optimize engagements and improve effectiveness. Summarize key results and prepare reports. Research online community’s requests for information, help answer questions and resolve guest issues and concerns. · Digital Storytelling: Help develop ideas for creating engaging and compelling content as well as research and write content. Organize photo and video shoots, coordinate approvals, and respond to internal and external photo and video requests. Shoot and edit photos and basic video clips. · Coordination, Scheduling and Budgeting Support: Assist in negotiating project deadlines, price estimates and execution to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. Help track budgets, vendor estimates and contracts. Provide additional support on special projects for the department as needed. · Collaboration & Support: Work closely with and provide support to other members of the Metro Parks Tacoma marketing and communications team. Provide support on various priority projects. · Perform related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related field. · Minimum of two years of social media or digital storytelling experience.
· In the place of the above requirements, the incumbent may possess any combination of relevant education and experience which would demonstrate the individual’s knowledge, skill and ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
LICENSE & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
· Valid Washington State driver’s license.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Along with the application, please attach:
· cover letter · resume · At least 3 work samples (social media posts, videos, etc.)
· Office work environment. · Work one weekend day and occasional evenings or holidays as needed. · Constant interruptions.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard and other office equipment. · Sitting for extended periods of time. · Hearing and speaking to exchange information. · Seeing to read and prepare records and reports. · Detect color differences as part of graphic design.
HAZARDS: Contact with dissatisfied or abusive individuals.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation, disability or any other merit factor.
Employment is subject to a national background inquiry.
Job applicants must be able to prove authorization to work in the United States at the time of a job offer as required by the 1986 Federal Immigration Reform and Control Act. Documentation establishing authorization to work may include a Social Security Card, picture ID and/or other approved documentation.
This position is an at-will position with no written or implied contractual agreement.
Social Media Coordinator – ZEED Supplemental Questionnaire * 1. Please explain why you feel you are the most qualified candidate for this position, highlighting specific skills, personal attributes or other experience and knowledge that you will bring to the position. * 2. Please tell us about a social media campaign you created, planned and executed. * 3. Why do you want to work for Metro Parks Tacoma, and specifically Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium and Northwest Trek Wildlife Park? * Required Question