Recruitment Announcement: Development Coordinator
Recruitment Closes: 9/28/2018
PEI’s mission is to advance science literacy and deepen student engagement by empowering educators to teach real-world science outdoors. PEI’s FieldSTEM® Model is a career connected, locally relevant, integrated, field-based learning designed to advance science literacy and inspire balanced decision making for sustainable
communities. More information at the following website: https://pacificeducationinstitute.org/
The Development Coordinator provides support for the Pacific Education Institute’s (PEI) Development Department and other Directors as needed. This is a part-time position, 32 hours per week, that reports to the Development Director.
Development, Grant/Sponsorship Support and Administration 75%
In collaboration with Development Director, coordinate Annual Appeal and other fundraising campaigns
Work with Development Director to identify businesses for sponsorship
Manage Sponsor benefit program and communicate with sponsors on a regular basis
Coordinate Career Profile Project; obtain sponsor information, post to website (WordPress, FormAssembly)
Manage logistics for development events
In collaboration with Communication Coordinator, write content for email blasts, schedule development related social media, e-communications and analytics (Canva, Facebook & Twitter)
Grant research and tracking
Process incoming and outgoing mail
Share reception and telephone duties, and provide administrative support as needed
Salesforce Database Coordination 25%
Actively engage in self-directed training to effectively use Salesforce; assist Database Manager with preparing trainings; and support PEI staff in use of Salesforce as appropriate
Work with Directors to prioritize Salesforce needs and reports
Identify key data input/field needs, suggest best tools to use to collect that data
Create formatted reports
Create Salesforce procedures as needed
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience and nonprofit development knowledge
• Proficient using Microsoft Office 365
• Experienced in data entry and/or database management, Salesforce strongly preferred
• Experience with mass mailing platforms (MailChimp)
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Grant writing experience is not required but would be highly beneficial
• Commitment to accuracy in work product and able to prioritize and multi-task
• Confident and comfortable interacting with diverse audiences (donors, board members, corporate executives, etc.)
• Organized and takes initiative to problem solve and accomplish tasks
• Excellent time management skills
• Professional demeanor, positive and flexible
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
Wages and Employment Information
This is a 32 hour per week position. Wages are $17.00 – $21.00 per hour dependent on successful applicant’s qualifications and experience. PEI offers a competitive Employee Benefit Plan prorated based on FTE level and includes paid holidays, vacation/sick leave, health, vision, dental, retirement and life insurance benefits.
Individuals interested in applying for this position should submit a letter of interest, resume and job application found at the following link: https://bit.ly/2O04t3Z to Gail Kramer, PEI Finance and HR Director, email: email@example.com, electronically or by mail to 724 Columbia St. NW, Suite 255, Olympia WA 98501. Applications will not be accepted in person.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Gail Kramer at the contact information above.
PEI thoughtfully reviews every resume submitted but will only communicate with those selected for an interview. If we contact you for an interview, please be prepared to undergo a thorough background and professional reference check.