Box #3 Process

For my third assemblage, I am focusing on the front porch. I started with the idea of a bench. There was this blue bench/porch swing on my front porch when I was growing up that I kept thinking of when I was brainstorming for this project. I found this weird wooden thing at Goodwill and thought that if I cut it up and rearranged it I could turn it into a porch bench. So I sawed off various parts and reglued things in different places and painted it blue and it magically turned into this memory I have of my childhood. I honestly spent way too much time on this one component of my assemblage, but I felt that it was the most important part.

The other thing I wanted to include was coffee. I always remember my dad drinking coffee on the front porch and I find myself doing it now. There is just something special about enjoying a hot beverage on your porch on a cool morning. The thought of it makes me feel nostalgic instantly. I found a couple of ways to incorporate coffee beans and grounds into the box.

Another thing I remember distinctly about my childhood porch is that it was always cluttered with random junk and I tried to recreate this look a little bit in this box. I was also inspired by Joseph Cornell’s work to create distinct sections within the assemblage. I got help from my mom and used old scrap wood to create a sectioned look similar to many of Cornell’s pieces. Like this one-

The other part of the process was the photographs. I set up a tripod and took self-portraits on the porch and I also printed using old negatives that show my actual childhood porch.

This box is a little more simplistic than my last two, but I hope the sentiment comes across well. I’m interested to hear what people think about it during critique next week.

34 thoughts on “Box #3 Process

1. Hi Isabella,
    Your description of your process is merely a peek at what must be an incredible amount of thought and energy spent on your mixed media pieces. It did not occur to me until now but your boxes are sort of miniature art. I was thinking about the concept of tasting food when I was looking at Kate’s post on miniature art. Because the art is small one must slow down and focus to see it, to savor it. It is a new way of looking at art. It seems easier for me to pass by a larger art piece too quickly than a small art piece. I am a curious human and enjoy discovering what it is I am to see. Isabella, you have this amazing way of putting so much image into a small space without it being confusing or cluttered but beautiful, flowing, and articulate. I am looking forward to viewing your next piece.

2. I really enjoy reading the thought process behind your works. The pieces you have completed so far have been packed with personalization and I find it very courageous to put so much of yourself into a piece of art. I feel like your boxes have a cohesive narrative and reveal pieces of yourself that most of us would not know otherwise. This new work sounds like it will continue to do the same. I am excited to see it on Tuesday. I’m very intrigued by the idea of personal experiences of nostalgia being recreated or synthesized within a work.

3. I love the detailed descriptions of your process, it is clear that you are very emotionally invested in you work. I like that you are picking the most meaningful objects and really diving into how to best represent that emotion and well as the item. I cant wait to see all your work together!

4. If you are searching for adult porn social signals, then look at getting our adult social signal package.
    It really is the ideal technique to get larger search engine rankings on the internet when you are a pornography
    internet site internet marketer.

5. يمكن تنظيف الأجهزة مثل أدوات الخلط والمطاحن وآلات صنع القهوة وأفران الميكروويف باتباع الخطوات التالية: امسح الميكروويف من الداخل باستخدام إسفنجة مبللة بالماء الدافئ والصابون. اخلطي ملعقتين كبيرتين من صودا الخبز مع لتر من الماء لمسح الأوساخ ، امسحيها جيدًا بقطعة قماش مبللة ثم جففيها. يُغلى المزيج لأن البخار المتصاعد سيساعد على إزالة الأوساخ بسهولة. يجب الانتباه إلى أهمية تنظيف بئر القرص الدوار بالماء والصابون. يمكن مسح الأجهزة الكهربائية الأخرى فقط ، ويمكنك التحقق من أفضل طريقة تنظيف في دليل التعليمات لكل جهاز يأتي مع عملية الشراء. إذا كان لديك غسالة أطباق ، ففرغها ونظفها وعقمها بصودا الخبز أو الخل وامسح الجزء الخارجي بقطعة قماش مبللة

شركة تنظيف بالدمام

6. Hey there, fellow creatives! I’m a 26-year-old guy from Colorado, and let me tell you, I’ve struck gold in the world of visuals with m logo images ! Whether I’m jazzing up my blog or giving my presentations a pop, these stock photos are my secret weapon. So, if you’re hunting for that perfect “M” logo or any other visual gem, check ’em out. Your projects will thank you!

7. I remember making something similar with my grandpa related to cowboys n stuff(he had a whole bunch of ol ammo boxes n stuff, I think most of it ended up in private collections later, he’s still alive n kicking, I visit him every year and we go shooting stuff at local gun range – he had acquired quite a collection of guns from https://gritrsports.com/guns/ , people bring there their used guns, so you can get some pretty cool old stuff there).

8. It’s incredibly sweet and has a lot of significance. This really is an excellent blog. There is a lot of value in having links. You were instrumental in encouraging a large number of individuals to go to your blog, where they found material that was helpful to them.

9. Product animation is the process of using computer-generated imagery (CGI) to bring products to life through movement and interaction. It involves creating dynamic visual presentations, such as videos or animations, to demonstrate how a product works, its features, or its assembly process. This helps in marketing and educating customers effectively.

10. Welcome to Drift Hunters – where you can experience the amazing feeling of drift racing. Show off your skills, learn and customize beautiful cars, and become the king of the drift circuits. Get ready to challenge and show off your talent!

11. The efficiency with which you coordinated the entire process is impressive. Without a doubt, your pokedoku organizational abilities and strategic thinking helped to ensure its successful and seamless execution.

12. Incorporating coffee into the box adds another layer Among Us of nostalgia and personal connection. The ritual of enjoying a hot beverage on the front porch is indeed special and evokes a sense of comfort and warmth.