The #1 Rule for Creating Content

As soon as I saw the raw cuts of meat strewn across the table stand, I knew I was far away from home. The flies buzzed in circles around the piles of flesh, dodging waving hands and spinning fan blades. The smell of the meat simmered in the tropical humidity, producing an odorous vapor penetrating deep into my nostrils. It was the first time I saw meat sold on the side of a street. No one could get away with this in America. I started to tell my wife everything I saw wrong with this picture, but she cut me short. “How can you judge my culture with your own standards? You were born in America. Many people can barely afford a refrigerator in their home, let alone one to keep outside. Besides, most of it gets sold today anyways.” I felt ashamed. She was right. How could I judge them by my own cultural standards?

Today I’m going to give you a piece of advice that will change your life. Let me be clear: it applies virtually everywhere. Writing a persuasive essay, increasing your fan base, and making a sales pitch will all fail if they do not appeal to emotion.

Here’s the same message about cultural relativism. Prescriptive-style writing has its place, but it definitely won’t get you more views.

I’m going to give you a lecture on a cultural relativism. “Cultural relativism is the view that no culture is superior to any other culture when comparing systems of morality, law, politics, etc. It’s the philosophical notion that all cultural beliefs are equally valid and that truth itself is relative, depending on the cultural environment. Those who hold to cultural relativism hold that all religious, ethical, aesthetic, and political beliefs are completely relative to the individual within a cultural identity. Relativism often includes moral relativism (ethics depend on a social construct), situational relativism (right or wrong is based on the particular situation), and cognitive relativism (truth itself has no objective standard).”

What was your reaction to the above sentence? Did you even make it to the second sentence before scrolling down? This is exactly what I’m talking about. Which sample of writing would you recommend to a friend? The secret is this: people will not pay attention to you unless you make them burst into laughter, yell at you in rage, or make them burst into tears.

If this post helped you understand something new, I want you to do one thing:

Share what you’ve learned to one person today.

Thanks for stopping by! I’ll see you next week.

See what your friends think!
Email this to someone
email
Facebook
Google+
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Linkedin
Reddit

You may also like...

4 Responses

1. I seriously love your blog.. Great colors & theme.
    Did you develop this website yourself? Please reply back as I’m trying to create my own personal site and want to
    learn where you got this from or just what the theme is called.
    Cheers!

2. daisydofrp says:

Sometimes, one material can’t meet the needs of using, you need to combine two or more materials. They can form special materials which can satisfy you, and they are composite materials. For example, although the fiberglass material has good mechanical strength, the fibers are loose each other. It can only bear the tension, but unable to withstand bending, shear, and compressive stresses. Also, the glass fiber is hard to be made a fixed geometrical shape, it has a soft body. If you composite these glass fibers with polymer matrix together, you can make them into the final product with complex shapes and high stiffness. As a result, it can not only near the tension, but also bending shear, and compressive stress. This constitutes a fiberglass reinforced polymer matrix composite.

3. There are best carrier in radiologist field. Interested doctor get a radiologist jobs in government & private hospital. The doctor will various work in hospital & clinic, as a the radiographer creates the patient’s radiography with the help of X-rays to determine the exact medical condition of the patient. In addition to X-ray, a radiographer may consider CT scans, ultrasound and MRI to produce radiography.

4. This is a very important characteristic of pediatricians and other physicians. He or she is responsible for carrying out various problems for the child and for performing other activities including surgery to restore the child’s health. The pediatrician jobs is to perform proper tests before starting any surgery.