Welcome to 2015, the fourth year of this NSF funded project. Generally, meetings are scheduled on Fridays via GoToMeeting 3pm-4pm or in person (Thursday and Friday). See also Judy’s e-mail Welcome to VISTAS 2015.
- 1st and 3rd Fridays – Development Team
- 2nd Fridays – Reading Group
- NB: First Fridays of the month (to coincide with HJA month meetings which are March 6, Apr 3, May 1, June 5) – we will generally schedule face to face meetings in Corvallis, if possible with our collaborators…. there is also a Feb 6 meeting, but we will likely NOT do face to face meetings due to January 29-30 meetings.
- Thursday, January 29 – 9-2:30. HJ Andrews LTER Symposium. VISTAS poster and demos start at noon, VISTAS meetings with collaborators to follow 3pm ff or Friday afternoon 2pmff.
- ~May 15-June 1: VISTAS All Hands Retreat – date, place TBA.
Presentations by our Collaborators, using VISTAS visualizations:
Planning 2015 Publications and Dissemination:
- Kirsten’s Dissertation Research – ???
- Scientific Visualization Tutorial (Mike) – VisWeek?
- VISTAS Visualization Innovation (Judy) – VisWeek?
- VISTAS and Potential SciVis Impact on Decision Makers (Judy/Denise/Susan/Kirsten?) – HICSS?
Meetings/Workshops/Publication deadlines for 2015. Think about where you might like to publish, let others know, and mark your calendars!
- DG.O 2015 – May 27-30, ASU, Phoenix. Theme is Digital Government and Wicked Problems – Climate Change, Urbanization, and Inequality. January 30 – Papers, workshops, tutorials, and panel proposals due. STILL TIME…. paper due
- SSDBM June 22-25? SDSC (San Diego). Paper deadline March 1. no web site yet.
- SIGGRAPH August 9-14, Los Angeles. Chris or Jenny student to submit student poster/demo? Deadline is February 17.
- ESA 2015 – August 9-14, Baltimore.
- LTER All Scientists Meeting. August 30-September 4. Estes Park, CO. Call for working group proposals to come early 2015. for ideas about proposals, see 2012 ASM, and prior ASMs.
- LTER IM Databits. Susan suggests we submit an interim report of some sort.
- IEEE VisWeek. 25-30 October, Chicago. Proposal Submission due dates not yet posted – probably ~March.
- HICSS – January 5-8, 2016, Grand Hyatt Kauai. site not yet available? See 2015 tracks – especially Electronic Government – for ideas. Deadlines for 2016 conference:
Minitrack Proposals (2016): Tuesday, January 27, 2015 Symposium/Workshop/Tutorial Proposals: February 27, 2015