Below is the VISTAS’ reading list/bibliography, relating to Scientific Visualization or work relevant to the environmental science we are ‘visualizing’ for our collaborators. Each item is annotated with when and by whom the reading was posted, and if and when the item was included in the VISTAS reading group:
- Abdelnour, Alex, Robert McKane, Marc Stieglitz1, Feifei Pan1, Yiwei Cheng1 (2013), Effects of Harvest on Carbon and Nitrogen Dynamics in a Pacific Northwest Forest Catchment, Water Resources Research (in press). Posted by Judy Cushing January 17, 2013, for January 2013 Reading Group.
- Mike Bailey. 2013. Using GPU Shaders for Visualization Part I, Part 2, Part 3. Visualization Viewpoints, IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications. #1: xxx, #2: March/April 2011 (vol. 31 no. 2), pp. 67-73,#3: May-June 2013. Posted by Judy March 11, for Reading Group Friday, March 15, 2013. See alsoTeaching a Shader-Based Introduction to Computer Graphics, www.computer.org/csdl/mags/cg/2011/02/mcg2011020009.pdf, by S Owen, Feb 10, 2011.
- Ecological Reflections: A network of sites dedicated to long-term, collaborative science and art inquiry into particular sites of great ecological or cultural importance.
- Grey, Jim, and Alex Szakay (2004). Where the Rubber Meets the Sky: Bridging the Gap between Databases and Science. Microsoft Technical Report (MSR-TR-2004-110).
- Guzy,Michael R. , Courtland L. Smith, John P. Bolte, David W. Hulse, and Stanley V. Gregory (2008). Policy Research Using Agent-Based Modeling to Assess Future Impacts of Urban Expansion into Farmlands and Forests, Ecology and Society 13(1): 37. Posted by Judy Cushing January 17, 2013, for January 2013 Reading Group.
- Schultz, Nick, and Michael Bailey (2012). Using Extruded Volumes to Visualize Time-series Datasets. In Expanding the Frontiers of Visual Analytics and Visualization, J. Dill et al (eds), Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 127–148. Posted by Judy Cushing October 11, 2011.
- Thomas CK. 2011. Variability of subcanopy flow, temperature, and horizontal advection in moderately complex terrain. Boundary-Layer Meteorology. 139:61-81. Posted by Judy Cushing, 2/11/2013. Reading Group Selection: 2/15/2013.
- Thomas CK, Smoot AR. 2012. An effective, economic, aspirated radiation shield for air temperature observations and its spatial gradients, J. Atmos. Ocean. Technol. inpress.
- Thomas CK, Kennedy AM, Selker JS, Moretti A, Schroth MH, Smoot AR, Tufillaro NB, Zeeman MJ. 2012. High-resolution ﬁbre-optic temperature sensing: A new tool to study the two-dimensional structure of atmospheric surface layer ﬂow. Boundary-Layer Meteorol.. 142:177-192.